Positioning and promoting the Luxembourg ICT sector
Date: Thursday, 26 of May 2011 from 10.00 a.m.-12.00 a.m. followed by a reception.
Venue: PwC offices, 400 route d’Esch, Luxembourg-Gasperich.
- 10.05 a.m. Opening speech by Chairman of Fedil-ICT/APSI
- 10.20 a.m. Keynote speach by Thierry Fromes, General Manager Microsoft Luxembourg on the topic :
“What is the image of the Luxembourg ICT sector abroad, what are the strength /weaknesses of Luxembourg as a prime location for ICT businesses?”
- 10.45 a.m. Round table discussion on national strategy: « What are the challenges in positioning and promoting Luxembourg as a hub for international ICT businesses (“ePlace”), what are the key messages and ICT activities to focus on? »
Jean Paul Zens, Director of Service des Médias et des Communications (SMC)
Nicolas Buck, CEO Victor Buck Services and President of APSFS
Marco Houwen, CEO LuxCloud and President of LU-CIX.
Tun Van Rijswijck, COO Broadcasting Center Europe
Gilles Vanderweyen, Partner PricewaterhouseCoopers
- 11.30 a.m. Keynote speech by the Luxembourg Minister of Economy and Foreign Trade, Jeannot Krecké
- 11.50 a.m. Conclusions by Chairman of Fedil-ICT/APSI
- 12.00 a.m. Networking lunch